Lindfield is a village and civil parish in the Mid Sussex District of West Sussex, England. The parish lies to the north-east of Haywards Heath, of which the village is a part of the built-up area. It stands on the upper reaches of the River Ouse. The name ‘Lindfield’ means ‘open land with lime trees. ‘ The parish Church, All Saints, stands at the top of the High Street and its history goes back to 1098.